Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My "very" First Cookie!

When I finally got an oven and a cake mixer to work with, the Chocolate Peanut Cookies are the first recipe I made. At first I thought its going to be a tough process, especially since I have not baked anything in my life. However, I was relieved that these "little hoods" turned out great. I gave out samples to my neighbors and some friends, and I got alot of positive feedback! So happy! =)

These cookies are made with Chunky Peanut Butter and Hershey's Kisses, coated generously with sugar. Its a combination of salty (from the salt and butter) and sweetness (from the sugar and kisses) after taste that tempts our fingers reaching for more!

note to self on next trial batch: use brown sugar to tone down the sweetness which can be overpowering (as feedbacked by some) and try Creamy Peanut Butter for a smoother texture =)

Everytime I bake someting new to try, I will also take note if the process of making them is children friendly! Therefore I can invite children to my kitchen to have some fun bakings! At the end of each description I will also add it this is a children friendly recipe as a note to self. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment